Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Green Drinks

I know that green drinks are good for me. Weeks after daily green doses, my skin looks like I've been going to daily spa treatments. My doctor says to do it, I've read about the benefits of green drinks on countless sites and books, and experience a feeling of serious refreshment and energy when downing a fresh juice in the morning.

But why does it have to taste so awful?

A friend offered a really simple tip. Throw in a piece of apple, pineapple or any sweet fruit to contrast that strong green taste. And surprisingly, most fruits work beautifully. Here's my usual morning greenie:

3 stalks of celery
5 med-large carrots
ginger (to taste)
3-4 handfuls of spinach
3 small pieces of pineapple

Blend all ingredients in a juicer. Place handfuls of spinach in chopper with other vegetables.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for the amazing yummy post. I found this really helpful when looking for healthy granola recipes.